Raspberry Pi Zero is a super-small and super-affordable product from Raspberry Pi that is packed with a plethora of features and has grabbed the notice of programmers, especially those who use Python.
This step-by-step guide will get you developing practical applications in Python using a Raspberry Pi Zero. It will become a valuable resource as you learn the essential details of interfacing sensors and actuators to a Raspberry Pi, as well as acquiring and displaying data.
You will get started by writing a Python program that blinks an LED at 1-second intervals. Then you will learn to write simple logic to execute tasks based upon sensor data (for example, to control a motor) and retrieve data from the web (such as to check e-mails to provide a visual alert). Finally, you will learn to build a home automation system with Python where different appliances are controlled using the Raspberry Pi.
The examples discussed in each chapter of this book culminate in a project that help improve the quality of people’s lives.
What You Will Learn
- Configure Raspberry Pi using Python
- Control loops to blink an LED using simple arithmetic operations
- Understand how interface sensors, actuators, and LED displays work
- Get to grips with every aspect of Python programming using practical examples
- Explore machine vision, data visualization, and scientific computations
- Build a mobile robot using the Raspberry Pi as the controller
- Build a voice-activated home automation controller